Sunday, February 11, 2007

Writing Journal #6

I chose the character I did because on this trip I see all of us sitting in the Rome Center on a regular basis, talking to people or doing homework online instead of spending that time exploring the city, so I thought I could use the situation. In order to satirize this I decided to have a girl who has always wanted to go to Rome but who is also addicted to the computer get to Rome and spend all her time online. The most challenging part of writing this was coming up with the idea. I actually stared at my blank computer screen for several hours before I managed to think it up. My character is quite flat, but I think that this is useful to satirize the idea she is representing better. I did not return to Twain for anything for this assignment.

No comments: